Ever wondered why inexpensive vacuum cleaners even exist? I mean, if you want to have the absolute best, go for the most expensive one. So, why the hype over budget cleaners?
It’s true that the more feature packed a vac is, the more expensive it will get. What if I told you that you could get the same performance at a much lesser price?
You can get the Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $100 even without losing or compromising power and performance. Everything boils down to your needs. Where and how you’ll be vacuuming will determine which product will suit you the most.
With so many vacuums to choose from, picking the right one can be a daunting task. If you know how and what to look for, it will make the searching job much easier, and you can also get the best deal out of them.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at some inexpensive options without compromising on quality or performance.
What's on this Page
What's on this Page
In a Rush? Our Picks of Top 5 vacuum for the money
Find out the vacuum cleaner with this budget is not an easy task. Before buying it’s necessary to keep in mind that the lower priced vacuum cleaners should have the necessary features and attachments also.
That’s why I’ve created a list of top vacuums within 100 USD which you can buy.
Things to consider before buying the top 10 Budget vacuum cleaners
This article is the ultimate guide to buying vacuum cleaners under 100 bucks. Whether you just moved into your first apartment just out of college or you want to maintain a house that you and your family have lived in for years, vacuum cleaners are one of the essential home products for everybody.
The best thing about them is that they can be compact, cheap and easy to operate. It comes in all kinds of shapes, sizes, complexity, and functions. Thus, choosing them is not a simple task. This article will help you with this. The first section gives you a quick guide to the things you must consider and the second section describes some of the top contenders that you can buy for under $100.
The cleaner you select depends on how often you need to vacuum, what power you need, the style you need and other considerations.
How often you should vacuum
The intervals at which you vacuum can determine many of the features of the vacuum including its size and weight. As you know, different vacuums come in different styles including lightweight stick model, upright model, canister model, small stick and others. Each of these vacuums is suited to different intervals on how you vacuum. For example, if you clean every day than the bulky canister models might be a burden. You should select the lightweight stick models. On the other hand, for occasional cleaning, canister or upright models are fine.
The power you need
Suction might be the most important factor in choosing the vacuum that satisfies your needs. More suction is invariably good to clean faster but they cost more. So the question is how you can balance the power and the cost. Air watts is the technical term used to describe the power of the cleaner. Usually, for most needs, 200 is recommended.
Bagless vs bagged models
This is a consideration for convenience and health. Bagless cleaners make sure that you do not need to go through the hassle of cleaning out the bag. However, some have expressed concerns that this increases the exposure to dust and grime particles. In other considerations, the shape of the vacuum cleaner is also important. This is a matter of personal preference. Moreover, many people today prefer cordless models. All of these features can easily be found today in models below $100. We have a discussion about which one to choose Bag or Bagless
How To Choose The Best Vacuum Under $100?
Before I get to the technical part, there is something I would like to talk about. The thing is, whenever I hear the word “cheap,” “budget” or “inexpensive,” I feel like I am getting something worthless.
It’s not necessarily the case because even budget vacuum cleaners can be the right product if you don’t need all those extra features. There are some misconceptions when it comes to buying inexpensive models.
Are You Really Losing Quality?
Most of us fall for the idea that a higher priced model is usually the best one out there. In some case, this claim is true because you’ll be getting a lot more in those models that you would in cheaper ones.
Because the parts and accessories on those high-end models will be better in the long run. Even the motor will have more horsepower.
But, since the market is competitive towards the budget model, the manufacturers have cramped those budget vacuums with so many state-of-the-art features that it makes those high-end models look overpriced.
In many cases, the cheaper one performed similarly to the premium models. Sometimes the most expensive models can have a break down after a few days of use.
That’s why it’s better to invest in a budget vac rather paying a fortune for those high-end cleaners. A hundred-dollar vacuum is considered a mid-priced product for many. They even perform better than their costly counterparts.
Do You Really Need All Those Extra Features?
If you are not a gadget freak and don’t want to spend on features that will never be of any use to you, then don’t buy those expensive vacuums. Those models are often advertised as being the best in the industry because of all new fancy features like dirt sensor, height adjustments, digital display, etc.
But, when it comes to cleaning, they perform just as same as that budget picks. You won’t really feel the difference. So, why pay extra money for features that you don’t even need?
Granted that some of those features are useful. For example, the height control feature is useful in some cases. But, most of the time, you will even forget that feature is built-in to your vacuum.
Not Every Accessory Is Worth It
Sometimes manufacturer charges too much because they are giving a lot of cleaning accessories and attachment. Some of those expensive models come with dusting brushes, cleaning heads, pet hair remover, crevice cleaning tool and many more.
Don’t think that they are giving these tools for free. These extras do come at a price and sometimes paying for these extras are just wasting money. Although some of them are useful, it doesn’t make sense to pay for all of them.
And, many homeowners won’t even use those nozzles and cleaning kits. The only useful tool I think is the pet hair remover. Even cheap vacuums have those. That’s why it is strongly recommended to figure out your needs before you decide to get one. Don’t waste your money on things that you won’t even use. Pick a suitable model from this list and save yourself a lot of money.
Expensive models have equally expensive parts replacing cost. Although it will take time for any parts to malfunction, and they do come with an extended warranty.
But, after the warranty period, replacing a damaged part can cost heavy. You can even buy a new budget vacuum at that price. Sometimes, that particular part can be hard to find. But, if you get a cheap cleaner, you’ll easily be able to find and replace parts. You can even add cheap third-party parts.
There is another trend among manufacturers for milking money from customers. They push out new models with slight design change and sell at a higher price than the previous version.
Corded or Cordless?
Corded VS Cordless vacuum… which one to choose? If you need versatility, go for the cordless models. If not, go for the corded ones because they will have better suction power, better capacity, and better performance.
Regarding portability, handheld and lightweight vacs are the way to go. There is some wall mounted vacs that have long hoses that take the hassle out of carrying the vacuum with you.
Attachments are important if you want to have versatile cleaning options. Some are specialized in sucking up dirt and debris from carpet, some can vacuum pet hair, and some are for peanut size debris.
Having a long cord for a corded vacuum cleaner is a must. You don’t want to only clean the space near an electric outlet. Long cords make it accessible to every part of the house. You can also buy extension cords if you want.
The suction power determines the value of a cleaning vac. It can be a tricky part because higher wattage doesn’t guarantee better suction capability. You have to rely on users reviews for this.
To have good suction power, a lot of factors comes into play. The air flow design, filtration system, brush head design and many more.
For a vacuum, the filter is very important. It determines the quality of the product and how long can it keep the device running aka the lifespan of the device. It also prevents dust from getting released back to the air. Most high-end vacuums will have HEPA filters.
It determines the amount of dust the vacuum can suck up. Handheld ones will have dirt storage capacity between 0.5L to 3L. Some will have even more than that. Having a large capacity will come in handy if you have to clean for a long period of time.
Usually, vacuums under 100 will be lighter in weight. Because they don’t have too many features to add weight to them. Having a lightweight vacuum can make cleaning your stairs, tight corners and even carrying to places where you usually can’t clean. If you don’t have any use for a portable vacuum, go for the heavy-duty canister model.
The truth is, vacuums are loud. Some make a noise like a v6 engine car. There is no way around this. Make sure to check the reviews before buying a vacuum or else you’ll have to deal with this noise every time you start vacuuming. If you accidentally buy one, use make sure to use earplugs.
Reviews of 10 Best Vacuum For the Money
This is a great cheap corded vacuum choice at less than 100 USD. It has two key features in addition to the overall basic package. The first is the suction system. This cleaner uses a cyclonic system that produces higher suction. It increases the power of the vacuum and makes the operation easier. Also, it has an innovative brush design that rotates down into the carpet to clean more on the initial pass.
- Special Features
- OnePass Technology: Thorough cleaning is possible due to its powerful suction capability. The innovative brush design allows cleaning more dirt on an initial pass.
- TurboBrush Tool: This powerful tool helps you to get a great clean of every soft surface. It is perfect to clean your stairs, upholstery, furniture and more areas in your home.
- Cyclonic System: this will give a high cleaning power with a long lasting and powerful suction system.
- Easy Empty Dirt Tank and Washable Foam Filter: The bottom-open system let you remove and empty its dirt tank very easily. Washable foam tank filter makes the cleaning and maintenance of the machine easy.
- Premium Attachments: Faster and more effective performance is possible with its special premium attachments. Special features like adjustable height, open foot window, cord wrap hooks etc. will make it easy to handle.
- Reasonable price
- Simple and effective technology
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Innovative brush design
- Powerful suction removes most of the dust and debris
- Excellent air performance
- No noises while running the machine
- Comes with a 2-year warranty and great after-service is provided
- The motor turns too hot and smokes may arise that makes the plastic housing deformed
- The little particles fly out from the vacuum’s back
- Brush role cannot be turned off
#2. Holife 6KPA Hand Vacuum Cleaner Rechargeable Hand Vac
The Holife 6KPA is a great handheld vac that looks more like a dust buster. It’s a feature-rich product and very convenient if you move a lot while cleaning. The Holife 6KPA comes with several different attachments that make it very versatile.
It has a very powerful motor, and the cyclone suction capability can make your cleaning job much easier. It functions more like a wet and dry vac because it can do so. Combine that with its price and other features. This one is a tough competitor to beat.
- Special Features
- Powerful Suction: It uses powerful cyclonic suction to pick up hard to remove dirt. The high performance 90 – 100W motor is even powerful enough to pick up coins.
- Washable Filter: The filter is made out of a unique washable fabric. You can clean up the filter when you are done with vacuuming. You don’t need to change that anytime soon.
- Quick Recharge Time: Charge less use more. It has 2200mAh battery with enough juice to run for 30 minutes at a time. The quick charging feature makes it very efficient when you need to do some quick cleaning.
- Quiet Motor: Surprisingly, this motor is very quiet. The unobtrusive motor system makes less noise while enhances overall performance.
- Multi-Purpose Vacuum: This is a 3-1 multi-purpose handheld vac that comes with crevice tools, dusting brush, and liquid nozzle. It can take up to 100ml of water.
- Powerful suction capacity.
- Quick charging option.
- Longer runtime.
- Quieter motor.
- Wet and dry suction capability.
- Suction doesn’t work well over carpet.
- The design could’ve improved.
This model has been appreciated for its pickup, charging and price. BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16-volt is the ever-ready vacuum with a lot of power and even better power management. The dirt bowl can be managed well and is so light; it’s a pleasure to pick up.
It’s charging is groundbreaking black and decker technology. It has high-efficiency chargers that shut down automatically to prevent damage and stores power for a year and a half. This is one of the Handheld Cleaner we have featured in our top 10 handheld vacuum list.
- Special Features
- Smart Charge Technology: High-efficient Lithium chargers protect your BLACK+DECKER by auto-shutting-off when the battery is completely charged. It is convenient to store this hand-vac on the charger year after year.
- Great Power and Strong Suction: The large 16V battery provides high power for a long time. It is 5-times-quicker than the traditional NiCad batteries and holds up a charge for up to 18 months. Its powerful suction capacity cleans everything from carpet to ceramic floor or furniture.
- Built-in-Smart Technology: The Built-in-Smart technology reduces energy consumption by up to 50% that saves your money.
- Cyclonic Action: Cyclonic cleaning system spins the dirt away from the filter and keeps its suction power strong.
- Multi-Task Attachments: Slim-rotating nozzle for greater reach, a built-in crevice tool for the hard-to-reach area, wide-mouthed scoop for sucking-up large debris and cleaning upholstery etc.
- Easy-to-Clean Features: Translucent bag-less bowl allows you to see the dirt and clean when needed. It has an easy-to-clean and easy-to-empty bowl and washable filter. You can also thoroughly wash the entire bowl in your sink.
- Lightweight & cheap
- Reduces energy bills
- Battery lasts long
- Takes less time to charge completely
- Can suck up large sized debris
- Easy to clean
- Comes with 2 years warranty
- Make a little noise
- LED light may be felt annoying to some users
- The built-in battery can’t be replaced
The Black + Decker BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot is one of the best budget vacuum cleaners in the market with lots of features. It has some great features with such a budget price. Let’s take a look at its special features, pros & cons.
- Special Features
- Lightweight Pivot Design: Lightweight design makes it easy to carry and stand on charging base. This all-purpose Lithium Pivot feature has strong suction power with compact-design that fits and reaches anywhere.
- Strong Lithium-Ion Battery: High-performance Lithium-ion battery gives the machine a long time powerful cleaning efficacy. The battery needs very few hours to be charged without memory loss problem.
- On-Board Tools: The 20V MAX Lithium Pivot is featured with all built-in crevice tool and brush and no attachments. So there’s no chance to misplace anything.
- Easy to Clean: The entire bowl is easily removable from the unit and washable in your sink. Filter flicker loosens the embedded dirt and debris from the filter.
- Crevice Tools and Brush: 3-stage filtration system comes with a pleated filter design that provides an excellent filtration for cleaning air exhaust. Wide-mouthed scoops suck up large debris and flip-up the brush to extend crevice tools for cleaning tight spaces.
- Charging Base: Quick charging base keeps the main unit charged and other accessories organized in place.
- Strong suction power
- Requires less storage space
- Lithium-ion battery is not as prone to discharging when in rest
- Very good spot cleaner
- Easy to empty
- Replaceable battery
- Doesn’t deep clean carpets
- Doesn’t have a pet hair tool, can’t remove pet hair from carpet
#5. Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held, 71B – Best budget vacuum
Eureka EasyClean 71B is a compact model measuring 15 x 7 x 7 inches and weighing 7 pounds that is, known for its power. It produces 5.5 amps of power that can clean in most places.
It is especially suited to small spaces and tight corners thanks to its built-in crevice tool. Moreover, it has a riser visor that is very handy when dealing with carpeted stairs. It can extend up to 23 feet on the chord so getting to places should not be a problem. It’s one of the best budget vacuum with lots of features.
- Special Features
- Fingertip Control: The Fingertip control allows easily turn on and off the power switch.
- Wrap the Cord: The small eureka easy clean has a long 20 feet cord. But it has a place in the vacuum for wrapping the cord which makes it convenient to store a small space.
- Crevice Tool: The vacuum cleaner has a crevice tools, which makes it easier to reach the places that are hard to reach for the brush roll.
- Removable Dust Cup: This has a removable dust cup and that’s why it’s easy to clean. The convenient dust cup clean eliminates the need for an additional dust bag.
- Brush Roll and Riser Visor: For the Brush roll riser visor feature its brush roll action can rotate according to the place you clean. Cleaning carpeted stair steps, flat areas are really easy by this cleaner.
- Great Suction: This has a great suction power with such a budget value.
- Strong suction power
- Comes with a great price
- Requires a small space to store
- Long cord with a crevice tool
- Removable dust cup and easy to clean
- Ideal for cleaning stairs
- Can’t deep clean the carpet
- Not recommended for the whole house.
- The filter is not washable.
#6. Shark Pet-Perfect Cordless Bagless Portable Hand Vacuum
The Shark Pet-Perfect has an ideal dimension for a portable hand vacuum. The slender tube-like design makes it great for reaching into harder to clean spots. In addition, this device comes with a handful of different cleaning heads and attachments all under 100 bucks.
The primary cleaning tool that comes with the model is a motorized brush roll. This one tool is enough to do most of your cleaning. It also comes with the crevice tool, dusting brush, and charging cradle. Overall, it’s a complete package with enough power to clean pet hairs and other household debris.
- Special Features
- Maneuverability: The maneuverability of a handheld vac is really what you make off it. With a cordless handheld vacuum like this one, it goes where you go. This device is fairly lightweight, and the design feels very natural.
- Maintenance: Taking care of this device is pretty straightforward. To get to the filter and the dustbin, you simply press down the top button, and it detaches the unit.
- Motorized Brush: If you have pet hair problem, this motorized brush roll can be your lifesaver. It can suck up pet hair better than most other brush rolls. One swipe with this motor and all the pet hair is gone.
- Useful Attachments: The crevice tool can easily get in the kitchen crevice and bathroom. It has a nice angle too. Recommended for doing small cleanups. The powerful brush can even lift dirt up from the carpet.
- Ergonomic Shape: Power, weight and runtime, everything you want in your handheld vacuum, you’ll get it from this one. The dimension is ideal for everyday use. More like the Black and Decker.
- The motorized brush roll is not something you see in a handheld vac.
- Works great for pet hair.
- Decent charging time.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Convenient for all surfaces.
- The price of the replacement battery is almost the price of the vacuum. Ridiculous!
#7. WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vac WS1200VA Heavy Duty General Purpose Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Let me introduce you to a very affordable and powerful wet/dry vac. This is a 1200VA, 12-Gallon 5.0 Peak HP vacuum cleaner. It comes with two extension wands, onboard storage, crevice, and floor nozzle and a wet nozzle on the other side.
Once look at this one and you won’t even notice any difference on this one compared to other wet/dry vacs. What makes this one so special? This is a very powerful unit that is built well and has some extra features on it that a lot of other ones don’t. And, it’s priced under 100 dollars. One of the top rated wet/dry shop vac with this low budget.
- Special Features
- Powerful Suction: This unit can suck water at approximately 1 gallon per second. It’s possible because of the 2.5-inch hose that’s 7-feet long. This has some amazing suction power.
- Dual Flex Technology: This hose really sticks out to me. The dual flex technology allows you to take the hose on either end and it’ll bend 180-degrees. It will also resist collapsing.
- Three Filters: Inside, there are three filters. In every filter, there is a quick lock system so that you can take the top off. There is a small rubber button, you can push it, and the filter comes off. There are a wet filter, a dry filter and another dry filter for fine particles.
- Tough Body: This device has a body made out of tough copolymer drum. It won’t rust, won’t crack and can resist dents. The large drain can easily dispose of liquid. Built-in attachment for keeping hose, cords, dust bags and other stuff.
- No-Clogs: Thanks to its 2.5-inch hose, you don’t have to worry about any clogging on the nozzle. This large diameter no only eliminated clogging, but can also suck up for liquid.
- Dual flex hose that can bend and resist collapsing.
- Very powerful water suction capacity.
- It has a long 20-foot cord.
- Filters for every cleaning scenario.
- Large hose diameter.
- It’s kind of loud.
#8. BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Hand Handheld Cordless Vacuum
As you can see in the name, this cordless vac is designed specifically to eliminate per hair. However, it can be used as a general vacuum and handle other debris types as well. The design of the BISSELL handheld Pet Hair Eraser is fairly simple and straightforward. A power button on top and a button to press and release.
It has a long and slender shape which makes it great for getting into tighter spots. It’s 16-inches long, 6.8-inches tall and 4.5-inches at the widest portion of the body. And, the whole unit weighs around 3 pounds. The motor is powered by a 14.4-volt battery. It can run around 15 at a time.
- Special Features
- Motorized Brush Tool: A pet hair remover tool won’t be complete without a motorized brush tool. It’s made especially for removing pet hair. It can even remove more embedded dirt and pet hair than other handheld vacuums.
- Powerful Battery: This device packs a powerful 14V lithium-ion battery. It’s packing enough juice to run 15 minutes at a time when fully charged. Charging doesn’t take too long.
- Improved filtration: To improve cleaning performance, this device uses a triple level filtration process. You don’t need to clean the filter after every use.
- A handful of Accessories: This vacuum includes a handful of accessories. A pin connector for charging, a unique dusting tool that uses soft bristles, standard crevice tool with a pretty good length and lastly the motorized brush tool.
- Maneuverability: As far as the maneuverability goes, it’s on the lighter side as it weighs only 3 pounds. It has quite a bit of reach with the extendable nose.
- You can get into pretty tight spots.
- Long run time.
- Ideal for removing pet hair.
- Unique nozzles and brush tools.
- Powerful motor and suction capacity.
- A little bit overpriced for simple handheld vac.
#9. VonHaus 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner and Handheld Vacuum
This small stick vac/handheld dust vac might be the only portable hand vac you need. The VonHaus 2 in 1 corded model has some phenomenal suction power. It is lightweight and efficient for quick clean up around the house. The VonHaus will make vacuuming fun again. Probably the best domestic appliance you’ll ever have at an affordable price.
This bagless vacuum has HEPA filters installed. It comes with crevice tools, brush accessories and other nozzles ideal for vacuuming hardwood floors, kitchen, and bathroom floors. It can even pick up dirt within the crevices. The powerful suction can even clean pet hair.
- Special Features
- High-Efficiency Brush: The brush design has unique angles that makes them highly efficient, and the wheels make it easy to glide on floors. The crevice tool has nice airflow that makes it easy to reach hard places.
- HEPA Filters: This vacuum comes with a hygienic filter that uses an advanced HEPA filtration system. It will trap fine particles and also prevent them from recirculating around your house.
- Easily Transforms: It can transform from a compact cleaner to an upright vacuum cleaner at a push of a button.
- Good Design: You can experience complete freedom and portability thanks to its long 6-meter power cord. This cord easily comes off at the push of a button. The smooth-action wheels make the vacuum easy to move around the corners.
- Powerful Motor: This device is powered by a 5.5 Amps motor that can produce 14 KPA of Suction Power. It’s powerful enough to use as a stick vac as well as a handheld vac.
- 2 in 1 vacuum for ultimate portability.
- HEPA and Sponge filtration.
- Long 19.5ft quick release cord.
- Great vacuum for hardwood floors.
- 1.3-liter dust capacity.
- Don’t work on carpets and rugs.
#10. Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Bagless Vacuum
The Bissell Zing is a canister vacuum, although the storage can is small, the feature it comes with makes up for the lack of capacity. This one is great for small houses and apartments because the canister can take a lot of dirt.
Specialized brushes and hose for multiple surfaces that makes cleaning your whole house very easy. Not much to talk about here, just your ordinary canister vacuum with some unique and well thought out features.
- Special Features
- Suction Controllable Hose: The hose is approximately 6-feet tall, and it’s not like your normal vacuum hose. It has a function called “air flow regulator.” The sliding button allows you to control the air flow of the hose.
- Automatic Cord Rewind: This canister vac will remove the hassle of tangled cord once and for all. There is a feature called “automatic cord rewind”. With a push of a button, it will automatically rewind the 15-foot long cord.
- Multi-Surface Cleaning: Apart from the controllable airflow feature, the brush comes with two different settings. One of vacuuming carpet and another for hardwood floors.
- Maneuverable Design: You can turn this canister vac into a handheld vac because it weighs less than eight pounds. This also makes the device easy to move around the house while cleaning.
- Multi-level filtration for safe and hygienic cleaning.
- Very easy to empty the dirt cup.
- No tangled power cords.
- Unique features on the cleaning brush.
- It comes with telescopic wands.
- The crevice tool has some design flaws.
In this article, we have seen a range of vacuums for a variety of needs. We have also talked about the parameters of how you can decide the best vacuum under 100 USD. Now it is up to you to pick whatever machine fits your needs. We recommend these models are the perfect balance of performance and features and price.